Sunday, March 6, 2011

10 weeks and 11 weeks



Well this has been a tough couple of weeks. School and work have been very demanding and poor Magick was very very sick. (We are hoping she has a bleeding ulcer but may have stomach cancer... )

So... I have not made as much time for Rye as I might have hoped. I feel this as a constant source of pressure and stress. Inadequacy is the dominant feeling here, as I wish I could be doing so much more with him than I am.

I did manage to take some photos though.

Rye's field trips these weeks:

- Luther Burbank park for trail walks
- PetSmart, Petco
- SAC agility arena, SAC obedience training center
- Ross and Leanna's house for play with brother Sagan
- Downtown Seattle to go to Puppy Kindergarten (handled traffic and trains well!)
- Sue and George's to pick up my new crook
- Neighborhood walk
- Lake Geneva Park for trail walk

For this week, I am planning to teach him the Manners Minder so I can work on keeping him quiet in his crate at the training center while I teach classes. He is quiet about 70% of the time. Usually quite bad during the first class and quiet for the last 4 classes. Interestingly, he is quiet in his crate everywhere else so far: home with dogs, home alone, at work with dogs, at work alone, in car crate with dogs, in car crate alone. Just noisy at the training center. Argh!

Oh, and also he can jump on the sofa now. Guess "off" is this week's project.

It seems not so long ago he barely stretched between these feet - and now here he is at 10 weeks, can't fit between them at all!





Mom, can you please stop doing homework and PLAY WITH ME?!




At work, Rye can't decide if it is more important to touch Lucy or Magick


Apparently the indecision was temporary...




Rye and Lucy still spend a lot of time playing together



Rye is learning to play with Zora in appropriate ways.
They often run through the house playing chase.





Spoiled much?



Rye loves to burrow UNDER dog beds all of a sudden.




Hey Mom, whatcha doin' ?





Go away, kid. I'm BUSY.




Rye follows me from room to room and lays down behind me.
Here he is in the kitchen, waiting while I cook.



And lastly, he has started learning how to sit and stay, and down and stay.
Practicing at the training center after my students have left for the evening.




Zzzzzzzz.....

No comments:

Post a Comment