Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Going to work: Day 2

Rye was a rock star at work today. He was quiet in his crate for the most part, had fun playing in the office. He BARKED when he was in his crate and needed to go out to potty before the timer went off. There were major bonus points awarded for that trick.

On lunch, we went to a park a few blocks from the office for a long walk with Lucy. He got to drag his long line and run around like a wild man in the big wide open grass. We had a lot of fun playing tug at the park. Tugging in new locations is near the top of the priority list right now.

At the park he also got to see strollers, bicyclists, 2 skateboarders (kinda scary), kids and another adult dog. I did not let him say hello to the dog because 1: he is not fully vaccinated, 2: I did not know the dog and how that dog is with puppies. I am very protective of my puppies because I feel strongly that it is my responsibility to keep them safe from bad experiences to the extent I am capable during their youths. Novel adult dogs are not on the menu right now.

He also had a nice training session for eye contact, and I think he is getting a glimmer of the idea that "Rye" means HIM.

He is a very good boy and I am grateful to have him.

No comments:

Post a Comment